a homeschool mom who lives a dream life

dreamgirl: 1) a girl who lives a dream life 2) a girl who dreams big

Monday, September 6, 2010

Yes, I'm a Dreamgirl

What is a dreamgirl exactly? That is a question with many possible answers. I would like to answer it for you. I am living in southern California. I have a great apartment and live one hour from my kindred spirit Lizzie, and one hour from my very hot boyfriend Steve (yes, even a 51 year old can be hot), one hour from the happiest place on earth (Disneyland), one hour from the beach and 10 minutes from the temple. I'm living in the lap of luxury on alimony and child support for a year and a month longer. I have 3 gorgeous girls who think I'm pretty great. I'm only 34 and have my whole life in front of me. I live a dreamy life. I also have big dreams. Big, big dreams. My dreams don't have solid lines around them, and seem to change often. But that's why they are dreams and not goals. I've always been a dreamer. My dreaming days took a break last year, but they are back. I'm very happy. I'm living the dream. I'm a California Dreamgirl.

As of this morning I've lost 33 pounds. I had my first gain a week ago, have lost that, and am back on the weight loss train again. My favorite new hobby. I call myself Zeena the warrioress. I bench press, I squat with 55 pounds on my back, I can do tons of lunges with weight, and then there's my claim to fame--I do boy push ups. Lots of them. Amy posted I did 40. Well...that was in three sets. All within 10 minutes, but still in three sets. Normally I do one set. This morning I did 28, in a row, no stopping. My size 10s fit perfect now. They aren't tight, and I even have a pair of 10 jeans. I bet one more month, and I'll be in an 8. Totally crazy and surreal.

I love California. It is so much prettier than Idaho. So much more green, so many more trees, and tons and tons of flowers. The sky is blue, the sun is bright, and I actually live here. No more visiting CA. Just living instead. Living and thriving as a dreamgirl.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rebecca- this all sounds heavenly! You are a dreamgirl for sure. I can't believe you squat 55 pounds- WOWSERS! That is crazy! But cool. I'm so happy to get an update. I love you!

    PS. Idaho is getting uglier by the day...as it's getting colder and colder....ughhhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- dream girl is a perfect name for you. loved the post- and I can't believe you can do 55 pound squats- that is crazy. you are so awesome rebecca! I love you! i'm back home- so i'll probably talk to you tomorrow or sooner than later. love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Rebecca, and I am so happy for you that you lost 33 lbs. Wow and to squat with all of that weight. I think you deserve to be a dreamgirl. I am glad you are so happy. It is wonderful. Talk to you soon. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new blog! I love the title too! I am so glad you are there!!! What a great place to live. I can't wait to come and visit. I miss you all so much, I know I just posted that but it is true! love you!!

    ReplyDelete